Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011!!

The 85th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is but a memory. Watching it every year is one of my favorite things to do Thanksgiving AM. This year was pretty good and even had a couple of  surprises.  Cobra Starship was on the Hess Truck float and sang, there was also a  Hello Kitty balloon.

As I watch the parade I peruse the sale ads. They are not quite as exciting as they used to be for me,as a child, I was looking for myself to see what Santa would bring me. Then as a mother, I was looking to see what Santa would bring my son.  Sadly, my only child is now 16 years old and car shopping, so I don't have a lot of need for toys. Not in the market for a new tele or a computer so I am really just looking for kicks.

While I found all kinds of neat things, like a couple of handbags, boots and watches at Macy's I am not heading there at midnight to scoop them up. Nor will I be at Walmart tonight at 10 pm to scoop up sale watches, pjs, shirts or jackets. The need to leave my house tonight or even some ungodly hour to shop does not appeal to me, at all.  Most of the items said while supplies last so I have just as good of a chance of getting them at a more reasonable hour.

The Sunshine Thrift Store is having a 1/2 off sale on clothing tomorrow and I can not wait. I love the hunt for great stuff! I love going there and looking thru the racks of treasures. I am working on building up my wardrobe of classics pieces that can be tailored and retailored as I loose the weight. Sooo I have already made my plans to head over there to look for some amazing finds! Tune in tomorrow for a sneak peek at my incredible finds!

For now, I will sit and finish reading my book.. Mindy Kaling's "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?"  and reflect on the year that is quickly passing and begin planning the year ahead.

I hope you and yours had an amazing day full of memories you will cherish for a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Mindy's book is on my list after I finish the pile I have built up right now on my nightstand. I hope it's a good read!

    ReplyDelete